Friday, May 31, 2019

Liberty Hall Bed & Breakfast

By Laurie Bower Epps

Since so many of my blogs occur outside historic residences, it will be of no surprise that I found this little gem where you can be part of the magic. Something about this home just called to me. The owner, Susan, has done a wonderful job with the grounds, and with the house itself. I literally would rubber neck it just to see it as I'd drive by coming back from work or the mall or wherever. Being in the South, I've learned it's a good idea to let folks know you're coming, otherwise, you're libel to get shot. Today, you're in for a treat, this bed and breakfast is a real beauty.




View from the street
On the day I went, it was sweltering hot. Of course, I'd be in black... It's gotten worse since then, so my blogging my slow down until I can come up with some alternatives to being out in the heat. We're actually breaking records with this heat, and it's even causing my herb garden to wilt. We're due to get a cooling off trend starting next week. Hopefully, that'll be the break I need to get some blogging photography in.



Liberty Hall is absolutely gorgeous. It has been repurposed quite a lot in it's 150 year history. Adjacent to the historical district in Pendleton, it's close to a lot of colleges with the most famous one being Clemson University. It's not too far from the historic homes I've featured on my blog here in the past including Astabula Historical Home, and Woodburn Plantation. It's a very peaceful and serene location. The owners even discourage having children under 12 as guests. But they do have multiple locations, and there are family cottages on nearby Lake Hartwell also available for rent.

Liberty Hall was built in 1849. From speaking with the owner, I learned that Liberty Hall has also served as a private home, dairy farm, and boarding house. If you're going to be in the Upstate of South Carolina, and would like to relive times past in a quiet and tranquil space, this may be the perfect option for you. At just $179 a night, they have many choices of types of rooms to sublet. To learn more about booking possibilities, you can send Susan an email directly from their website:
https://www.libertyhallbnb.com/






Fashion

I fell in love with this Cassie skirt from Lularoe. I'm fortunate enough to have a consultant that searched the earth for the exact pattern I wanted. A big shout out to Lori Powell if she ever reads this. I've gotten to a size where it's a challenge to find clothes for me. I'm finding some more matches online, so I hope to bringing ya'll some different vendors soon. But I love Lularoe because it's just so stinking comfortable, and many styles have classic lines so they look professional too. Their Cassie skirt is just one of those styles. Although Lori's still searching for my noir Perfect T, in the meantime, I found this Tried and Tru brand black top at Walmart. I know, right? I've been amazed at some of the cute stuff Walmart has had in plus sizes here lately.

My sandals are made by Sketchers and I found them at Rack Room Shoes, and my dove grey handbag is from Vera Wang at Kohl's.

Nutmeg at Liberty Hall
Tromping around in the gardens at Liberty Hall, I was being followed by a cat. I assumed it was either the owners, or the property cat. I paid it no attention. The owner pulled up when I was almost done, and I merely thought, "This'll be good, I'll get some information on the house." We were interrupted by a potential renter for a bridal shower, and I waited on the back porch. My only company was this cute cat. So I pet her. The cat kept circling my chair, and when Susan emerged, this cat jumped into my lap. I assumed it was the owners cat, and when I asked for her name, the owner admitted it wasn't her cat. The rest of the afternoon was a whirlwind, and the two of us went to the local vet to find out if she had owners. I bet most of you know where this is going.... But now I'm the proud owner of this cute little feline. Everyone, meet Nutmeg. My newest cat. She's very sweet and has turned our lives  upside down. I don't think my boy cats know how to react to a lady in the house of the feline persuasion.

Nutmeg's Ride Home
Nutmeg was the nickname given to her by Susan's neighbor, and it suits her. Since the former owner relinquished the cat right away, she wasn't forthcoming with a name for her. Little Nutmeg is a kitten too, and she's made my ten year old very happy. Nutmeg has even taken up sleeping with her.

Until next time fashion-love's, stay fashionable and be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...