Friday, May 3, 2019

Spring Jubilee, Part II

By Laurie Bower Epps

Now that I've joined ranks with the historic society, as well as, I'm a regular to their events. The event I'm going to share with you today, is definitely a favorite. I loved the casual elegance vibe of this first ever, Jazz Brunch at Woodburn Plantation. Woodburn is a much bigger location than Astabula. This partly played into why I chose to serve at Astabula Historic Home instead. Woodburn has a total of 4 floors, and that doesn't include the basement! Plus, it has much more extensive outlying areas. However, this paired with the photogenic quality of Woodburn is why it's the most used venue for weddings.

The Brunch was set up on the front porch, and front lawn. Meanwhile, there were tours of the house offered up, with the musicians set up near the carriage house. The location for the musicians is also where many brides choose to get married. Historic stagecoaches and wagons are also still tucked inside.

All money raised with the cost of ticket went towards the preservation fees that are ongoing for the upkeep of these historic homes. There was also artwork from local artists for sale in the house. If my foodie's think they spy lamb stew on my plate, well, you do! I just wished we'd arrived early to get the ham, shrimp & grits!

For more information on the event, go to:
https://dunlapteam.com/event/jazz-brunch-at-woodburn/

At the event, the jazz band was superb. It helped add to the very relaxing day. Even the weather held off for the event. I was actually concerned when I saw rain in the forecast, but the director assured me that we'd move under the veranda out back if need be. Many volunteers were on hand at the event just in case the forecast lived up to the hype. The storm waited until the evening, which made for a beautiful day.


Fashion

I confess, originally, I'd planned on wearing a dress, but due to the weather forecast, I made a quick dress for my jeans. This outfit is still available at Lane Bryant stores and online. I just fell in love with this blush colored windbreaker that was reminiscent of my girlhood days. Paired with a lace-embellished tee, and applique jeans, I'm sure to have this outfit become a go-to outfit anytime it rains this spring and summer. My shoes are made by Sketchers and so comfy! You can pick up a pair at Rack Room Shoes. My new spring purse is from Simply Vera Wang and available at Kohl's. Somehow, the pink was simply perfect. 

Wishing you sunny and beautiful days. 
Until next time fashion-love's,
Stay fashionable and be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...