Friday, May 24, 2019

The South Carolina Agricultural Museum

By Laurie Bower Epps

I've lived in the Upstate for 13 years, but frankly, all I thought Clemson was known for is football. It wasn't until a couple of years ago, that I found out Clemson University also boasts due to having one of the best agricultural programs in the country. Being a girl from the suburbs of Atlanta myself, I do have a little country in my soul as well. (But a very little...) As a young girl, I did wear braids and got my 4H in livestock. Now that I'm rekindling my own little herb garden, I just had to check the agricultural museum out.








Located next door to the historic home of Woodburn Plantation on History Lane, the SC Agricultural Museum is open Wednesdays-Sundays. They also host a number of local events including Farm Day. They also offer a number of children's programs from field trips, to scouts, and even summer camps. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, so you can ask them anything that you want to know more about.



I opted for a more casual look for this particular blog so that I'd be more comfortable. I also deliberately wore red, white, and blue to honor Memorial Day.

My bandana print tank is from Lularoe, and my pretend cut off shorts are from Lane Bryant. My shoes are from White Mountain and the style is called "Foot Beds" that are available at Rack Room Shoes.




I did come back with my youngest thinking she'd like the museum as well, and I was right. It's one of the few museums where it's pretty much ok for your kids to touch anything. But use some common sense, obviously any kind of blade, etc. would probably not be the best idea.

Chloe was still in her school clothes, but she's still in the latest style. To honor our troops, I thought her camouflage outfit from Justice was an excellent addition. Her star tee says, "I am a warrior." Her Nike tennis shoes were purchased at Kohl's.

Pictured in the historic schoolhouse on site.



We sure did have a fun day down on the farm. Chloe even asked to go to one of their summer camps this year. More information on her various camps will be coming. I'm taking off from her blog until the first week of June. Since she's in school, it's just hard to develop any material for it. However, I do project that there will be more from her Adventures with Chloe column this summer. More pictures of our fun filled afternoon will be uploaded to my writer fan page on Facebook next week.

Just a warning to the S.C. Agricultural Museum, we will be back. So until next time fashion-love's, stay fashionable and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...