Friday, June 2, 2017

Artisphere 2017

Pictured with one of my besties at Liberty Bridge
By Laurie Bower Epps

Since 2005, folks have flocked from all over the upstate to Artisphere in downtown Greenville. Although my middle daughter, Ellen had performed in it for Carolina Ballet Theatre, it wasn't until this year that I was able to go to see it. Artists from all over the country rent booths for this arts & culture festival. Throughout its brief 12 year history, it's become recognized as a premier cultural event both regionally and nationally. Usually on Mother's Day weekend, I decided to head out with my youngest and 2 friends.

In addition to writing, I'm also a registered decorative artist. I specialize in painting, mainly. With background also in the performing arts as a singer, flutist, and ballerina, I was long overdue to attend this event. 

The rain even parted for a perfect spring day as if just for the moms out there.












Fashion

Irma Shirt + Tall & Curvy Leggings 
~ by Lularoe

Walking sandals by Sketchers
~ Rack Room Shoes

I just loved these soft and comfy mom clothes that seemed perfect for my outing for this event. Due to a bad infection that I got from costume earrings, I bought these simple gold hoops from Kohl's. My mother's necklace is from an online shop called Sweet Blossom Gifts. I bought this necklace a few years back, but the same style is still available.



Chloe's Fashion

Shorts & Graphic Tee
~ The Children's Place

Simple but Sparkly Sandals
~ Shoe Carnival

Chloe found these sandals when we were looking for a pair of moccasins. Never fear, we got the moccasins too, but with buy 1, get one half, she begged for these sandals similar to her big sissy.







Good friends, art, and sun proved to be the perfect way to spend Mother's Day. I hope this inspires you to go and have an adventure of your own.

A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else. ~ Len Wein





One of my only traditions for Mother's Day is having some ice cream. Being lactose intolerant, it's a rare treat. However, this year I did much better. I had yogurt with fresh fruit at the Blueberry Frog on the West End. It was the perfect way to cool off on such a hot day.














So if you happen to be in Greenville, SC during the month of May, this is an event you won't want to miss. For now, enjoy the sunny spring days when they come this spring, and go have an adventure!


Blessings,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...