Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentines Train

Orange Groves in Fillmore, CA
By Laurie Epps

Nestled on the 126 Fwy halfway between Santa Clarita, CA and Ventura, CA is the quaint little town of Fillmore. It's a beautiful drive and you're nestled in the birthplace of the famous Valencia oranges. A neat trip back into times past, you'll be enchanted on a train ride on Fillmore & Western Railway.




I have personally taken this trip many times, but I will confess, my favorite of their train rides was the Valentines Day train that I took with my now ex-husband back in 2005. Included with the price of your train ride, you'll enjoy a gourmet dinner, and chocolates for every passenger. They also offer entertainment with the cost of admission.

So pick up a phone, and book Valentines night with your sweetie aboard the Fillmore and Western Railway. For information on this years train ride, click here.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

I hope that whatever you do, you chose to spend it with those you love.









Laurie Epps is a non-fiction author, essayist, editor, and poet living in Anderson, South Carolina. A seeker of beauty, her is dream is to travel the world one day and tell the many stories of those she meets. Columns include: Monday Morning Book Club, and Thoughtful Thursdays, a column dedicated to the fine art of poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...