Sunday, June 16, 2013

Published: Par Avion: A Traveler's Guide

By Laurie Epps

On the map of my heart, Paris will always remain for me the city of dreams. My experiences there punctuated my life, and I will profoundly be forever changed because of my determination to live there and digest the delights of the city. 

Not only did I have the fortune of experiencing another culture, but I also found myself as a person while I lived there. To date, when things get rough, or I feel a loss of myself, I close my eyes a daydream of my days as a young woman there.

This essay is probably my favorite essay I've ever written but probably in part because it defined me as a person. I can never go back to being the person I was before I left. Her strength and sweetness will be with me always.

I have such a strong connection to this city, even though I went 25 years ago. I can only hope that Paris remembers me the way I remember her.


So without further a dieu, please check out a piece of my heart. Je t'aime Paris! http://www.straitjacketsmagazine.com/support4/Par.Avion.htm

Photo taken when I returned to the U.S. in October 1985

To view the cover art for the magazine, click here.
Laurie Epps is a non-fiction author, essayist, editor, and poet living in Anderson, South Carolina. A seeker of beauty, her is dream is to travel the world one day and tell the many stories of those she meets. To read more of Laurie's stories come back here for her column about Writing books on Mondays or Poetry on Thursdays, or follow her Tuesday column dedicated to writing on: http://thewriteconversation.blogspot.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...