Thursday, June 20, 2013

Maybe the Reason

Intro By Laurie Epps

June is National Cat Adoption Month

For the cat lover, where would we be without them? However, if a cat goes to a shelter, they have a much higher mortality rate than dogs do. In this economy, so many animals, both cats and dogs, are needlessly being killed. So if your family is looking to adopt an animal, please go to your local shelter or pet fair. To find them in your community, log onto: http://www.petfinder.com/



Maybe the Reason
By Alexes Ciardi

Maybe the reason

I adore cats

Is because I am more

Like them than it

Would seem.

Mostly solitary,

But looking for

That one special

Presence in my life

To show me I am

Loved.

Alexes is a high school senior at the Academy of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, CA. One of my daughter's best friends, she has also been a cat lover for her entire life. Alexes has been a dancer since the age of five with the Santa Clarita Ballet and dreams of being a social worker when she grows up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...