Friday, October 13, 2017

BMW and the Bobbysoxer

By Laurie Bower Epps

Settled by the I-85 Freeway in Spartanburg County, the BMW Zentrum is nestled roughly 2 exits north of the Greenville & Spartanburg airport. BMW has created a lot of jobs for folks here in the Upstate of SC. Their productivity is unparalleled with 1400 cars produced daily at this local plant. Having all daughters and not being mechanically inclined myself, I was surprised when my youngest asked to come and look at the "neat" luxury cars. So this blog in particular is her moment to shine.

My youngest has struggled with chronic ear infections and earaches almost all of her life. It's hard to see her in pain. But believe it or not, telling her she could be the star of my blog for the day if she was good, helped her get through having the last pieces of tube taken out of her ear so we can hopefully start with a brand new set next month. It was an enjoyable experience since she was excited and giggled the whole afternoon away. 




Chloe's Fashion 

Juniors White Boatnecked T-Shirt
~  Old Navy

Handmade Red Poodle Skirt 
~ Etsy

Black & White Saddle Shoes
 ~Payless Shoe Source

Chloe loved getting into the expensive cars and pretending like she was driving!!! Everyone who worked there gushed over our cute little retro girl. I think she was going for sort of a Grease meets 007 look for this blog. But I was thrilled to see her little imagination at work.


My Fashion  

Leopard Print Sleeveless Blouse with Bedazzled Neckline
& Black Jeggings by Jennifer Lopez
~ Kohl's

Black Cardigan with Lace Embellished Shoulders
~ Lane Bryant

Black Ekko Sandals
~ Dillard's




Visitor Information

The BMW Zentrum is located off Highway 101 at the I-85 Freeway. It's most accessible by following signs by the freeway. I used Apple maps on my iPhone and it actually directed me to the delivery entrance for the big rigs. I knew right away that I was where I didn't belong, but still....

Best news is that touring the museum is free. BMWs past and present are featured. There is also a small gift shop and cafe for guests in need of a light snack or caffeine. The only hardship is that the museum is only open Monday's thru Friday's from 8:30 am-5:30 pm. Typically, I blog exclusively on the weekends, but I suppose if you're an out of towner, this would be no problem at all. They also offer tours of the factory (generally speaking) but the tours are closed until Spring of 2018.

ps://www.bmwusfactory.com/zentrum/general-information/zentrum-information/


My daughter loved going out in front of me, and being a pathfinder of sorts. She loved telling me about how this car was actually raced in Nascar. It gave her a chance to act like a kid despite her sore ears. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. So she set the pace throughout the museum. 






Chloe also liked to pretend to drive the fancy cars. and we took too many pictures to fit on one little blog, but it was fun for both of us. To see her smile for a little while made it all worthwhile.

We spent roughly two hours at the BMW Zentrum Museum, but i'd imagine a group of adults would spend roughly 45 minutes there.


So if you're ever in the upstate of South Carolina, come and spend a couple of hours dancing among the cars. Chloe did anyway. Twirl your cares away with latte's, BMWs, but you'll have to get your own little bobbysoxer. I hope this inspires you to have an adventure of your very own.

Until then, stay fashionable and be blessed,
Laurie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...