Thursday, August 29, 2013

Typical School Day

Intro by Laurie Epps

Now that we're back to school, we have school on the brain. Trying to curb the late nights, and paying for it in the early mornings we're getting back to a routine. So please welcome my daughter, who has just started junior college at sixteen years old.

As many of you know, I'm also a college senior, and my youngest has also started kindergarten. The moms out there will relate to my agony with getting reestablished in our routine. Three girls, three schools, and all at 8 am... it can be a logistical nightmare. They are just some growing pains. If you have the chance please tell me about your mornings in the comments section below.

So without further delay, I'd like to introduce my daughter's poem with a quote from my mom, "Now get out there and learn something!"





Typical School Day
By Ellen Epps

Waking up at 6 am
Its time to go to school again
Eat your breakfast, brush your teeth
Put some shoes on your feet
Rushing around, no time to play
We will be in school all day
Prepositions, decimals, and World War II
The hallways remind me of a zoo

Sighs and groans heard all day
When the last bell rings, we yell, "Yay"
Busy, bustling parking lots
Constantly being told to stop
Homework is out, you just got in
At dinnertime, mom says, "Dig in!"
Tired after working all day
Finally on your bed you lay

Ellen Brooke Epps is a high school junior who is concurrently taking college courses in a Connect to College program. A former dancer for Carolina Ballet Theatre, she is a strong advocate of the arts.Originally from California, Ellen has the laid back attitude that Californians are known for. The best big sister ever, Ellen hopes to go into a career in science.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...