Friday, September 13, 2019

1826 Bistro

By Laurie Bower Epps

Something about the town of Pendleton, SC just speaks to me. One can really feel the history all around them, and it fosters a sense of solidarity. Prominently situated on Pendleton Square is building that's been through many transformations. Currently serving as a restaurant, dressing up for a meal there seemed to be the best way to get a glimpse inside and into its varied past.





Summer seems to have lingered a bit longer this year than in the prior years that I've lived here. I've paired fall colors with fashion pieces that would be easy to layer when the fall-like weather finally does get here. Included in my fashion segment I'll include ideas to layer it up for warmth. Sharing in my adventure is my middle daughter Ellen, and I really love a cute model when I can get one.









History

The 1826 Bistro was really built for the Pendleton Farmers Society and turned into their new meeting hall. What's fascinating is that the society still meets in the top floor of the building. Inside its walls, discussion of the creation of Clemson College was held by the then President Thomas Green Clemson. Sound familiar? Clemson University?

In contrast, the bottom floor has been used as a rental space since its inception. Through the years, tenants include: the U.S. Post Office, legal office space, a publishing office, various retail businesses, restaurants, and even a tea room.


Fine Dining

The restaurant today is one of those perfect kind of places that serves locally grown or raised menu items with a gourmet flair. So if wholesome, and organic rich flavors appeals to you, make it a point to visit the 1826 Bistro if you're in town. True to Southern Hospitality, dining is available Tuesday through Saturday for 2-3 hours twice daily, but closed in between. Reservations are accepted, and even recommended.






To make reservations:
1826 Bistro
105 Exchange Street
Pendleton, SC 29670
864-646-5500

Or for more information, go to:
http://www.1826bistro.com/









Fashion

For today's fashion adventure, I was just aching to wear my new Ralph Lauren maxi dress from Kohl's. I paired it with my Sketchers wedges from Rack Room Shoes. To give it a more fall-like vibe, it would be easy to put leggings underneath with boots and a denim jacket. At work, I've even paired it with a blazer or cardigan with lacy shoulders. The options are endless, and I love that the black background offers so much versatility. My daughter Ellen opted for a softer look with all pieces from Old Navy.

We just loved our stroll back in time and even took a little walk around the square afterwards. Diagonally across the street is a very small little ice cream shoppe called Mama Rae's. You'll also find antique stores, the old town jail, a mercantile, the historical society, a wine bar, an art gallery, a hardware store, and so much more!!!

Until next time fashion-love's, stay fashionable and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...