Friday, September 20, 2019

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8
By Laurie Bower Epps

I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 or 2013. Impulsively, I clicked on a link embedded on Facebook to have professional sunflower pictures done. I chose sunflowers because they're one of my favorite flowers. But again, things didn't go as planned. My youngest is so cute, she sort of shanghai'd the appointment. But I'm sorta glad she did, because these are the type of photos that you blow up and hang on the wall. So buckle up, fashion just got cuter.




Photo Credit: Graham Street Photography
Adventure

Typically, sunflowers in my immediate area bloom in July, however, I still associate sunflowers with fall because that's when they opened up in California. But a little research and I soon found that there are some farmers that make sure that their sunflowers open a little later. So originally, I'd planned an outing to mid-Georgia over 3 hours away. That does come with some risk, since you can be accused of trespassing. So finding this ad for a farm only half the time away and still in my state was very appealing. As you will see, the weather was perfect. 

Photo Credit: Graham Street Photography
Chloe is a spunky preteen, and although she complained a little, the photographer Jennifer captured her perfectly. This first photo shows Chloe's natural curiosity, as well as, she looks like she belongs on the cover of a children's book. I'm so pleased with all the pictures from the day, and I hope you'll all see why.












Photo credit: Graham Street Photography
Chloe's Fashion

Chloe had her own take on things, and deviated from the outfit that I'd selected for her. But these pictures of her are so perfect, maybe she knew what she was doing. Instead, Chloe selected this coral peasant knit top and soft jeggings from Arizona available at JCPenney. By far, this is my favorite picture of the day, and it's definitely one that'll be framed proudly in my home.








Photo Credit: Graham Street Photography
This picture reminded me of the paintings of Monet's daughter that Monet completed in the South of France. I can't wait to find the proper way to display them, and incorporate them into my dining area since it's one of the decorating theme in my kitchen.






Photo Credit: Graham Street Photography
I really wanted a dreamlike photo, and Jennifer nailed it. I love this photo, even though you can't see our faces. I'm sorry/not sorry, that this blog is more of a photo book. I'll be back to my more normal style after this.








Photo Credit: Graham Street Photography
My Fashion

My fashion isn't at the forefront in these photos. But I did strive to have more of a fall fashion look. My moto jacket, lace embellished shirt, and distressed jeans are all from Lane Bryant. I did have my hair done the day before, and she added lo-lights which made it quite a bit darker than it was. However, I do have peekaboo highlights underneath that I love. It's like I have a little secret....








Photo Credit: Graham Street Photography
My Headshot

I did manage to get a headshot out of this. However, it was just one. But it's truly spectacular. I think it shows who I am now, verses the insecure college student that I was with the first go around.  Jennifer at Graham Street Photography did an excellent job at capturing my little one and our relationship. This headshot will be on my Facebook Fan Page as soon as this post goes live. I'm very proud of it.









Photo Credit: Graham Street Photography
The Photographer

I found the photographer on Facebook so you can look them up that way, but I thought I'd add their contact information.

Graham Street Photography
P.O. Box 93
Enoree, SC 
(251) 222-1449

https://grahamstphotograph.wixsite.com/grahamstphoto?fbclid=IwAR26rvCddgbIrTNqAcImw1v5rI27DXj0XPhzr0djC9hxJzvtWA0JIzufs8Y


Photo Credit: Graham Street Photography
Location

These photos were taken at Beechwood Farms in Marietta, SC which is nestled against the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It's not too far from my youngests Girl Scout Camp in the summer. However, it's not the only farm getting a piece of the action. Photoshoots like this one are becoming more commonplace. Not only does it make a little money for these local growers, it helps the farmers to know who's on their land for safety reasons. So before you choose to go tramping through a sunflower field you find by the side of the road, you may want to call ahead and find out how they feel about that. You don't necessarily have to ue a professional photographer as I've done, but there are also farm that charge $10 per car. I think that's worthy of a phone call.


Taken with My iPhone 8

As I was leaving, I noticed this last sunflower towering above a field of drooping mammoth sunflowers. I couldn't help but think of how it parallels life. Be like this sunflower, tall and proud. Don't be afraid to carry on in a field of tired flowers. Be uniquely you. 

Until next time, fashion-loves, 
Stay fashionable and be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...