Friday, April 5, 2019

Taco Tuesday Just Got Cuter

By Laurie Bower Epps

Welcome back!!! I know it's been a year, but the southeast has been pummeled with rain for many months. As well as, this time last year I was working a high stress sales job. You'll be pleased to know, that I'm back with new content, and a new vision. Now I'm a professor of English, and that does free up some time to devote to my writing, and other creative pursuits.



My youngest daughter has asthma, so at least once every three months, it does mean that we have to take a day trip to Greenville. I saw this as an opportunity to have an adventure. Being a Tuesday, it seemed just perfect to try to find a perfect taco. You see, I lived out in California for roughly 28 years, and I've been in the Upstate 13 years. In that time, I've discovered that it's hard to find an authentic taco, and it's sort of my go to comfort food.

I do read a lot of tourism type sites, and often, it's the muse for my blogs. This location was found off an article from "only in your state." Since I'd worked in downtown Greenville, I found it rather easily.


Something about an authentic taco reminds me of sitting on the beach with friends, or screaming at a soccer match with strangers. In California, no matter how torn up I was, somehow it made me feel better. As a teenager, tacos were the classic first date. You don't know what it's like to try to look cute behind a taco.

I confess, being so far from the west, I was a little concerned about having a taco in this part of the country. On the east coast, I've had very few authentic tacos. But just one bite, took me back to the coast of Cabo (San Lucas). I felt adventurous, so I opted for two fish tacos and one carne asada. Besides, being on the swamp river rabbit trail alongside the Reedy River, they also have one of the best locations downtown.


Naturally, we had to be stylish as well. I've got this new thing for comfort, and I tend not to wear the outfits that aren't comfortable to me. I hope to break out of this rut, but the soft layers of Lularoe tend to make it easy to both.

My Fashion

Sweater like duster (Sarah),
Perfect T & Noir Leggings
~ LulaRoe

Sketcher Black Tennis Shoes
~Kohl's

My consultants name is Lori Powell. You can find her on Facebook using a search at: LulaRoe Lori Powell. She's located in Anderson, SC and has been my personal Lula consultant for about 3 years.


Chloe's Fashion

Cherry Capri's & Cherry Tee, Arizona Brand
~ J.C. Penney's
Pink The North Face Jacket
~ Grady's Outdoors
Neon Nike Sneakers
~ Kohl's

Everyone always takes their picture with this wild pig in downtown Greenville. It was merely our turn. I did buy Chloe three outfits similar to this one, but somehow, the little cherries seem to be a favorite.


I was a bit nervous taking my youngest out for tacos since she doesn't like Mexican food as a rule. But as you can see, the joy on her face says it all. She loved it! She even asked if she could go and get seconds! If you're ever in Greenville, SC, you should definitely check them out. Even though their address is off River Street, if truth be told, they're almost under it. Located between River Street and Main Streets on the riverwalk, they're hard to miss when you keep in mind that they're also across the Reedy River from the Peace Center.






We experienced many false spring days here in the Upstate in February and early March, but it's finally looking like spring might be here to stay. With that said, many of you know that my daughter Chloe has been my photographer and sidekick through this whole fashion blogger idea. Now that she's a preteen, I decided it's about time for us to branch out. 

Therefore, two changes are new to my blog: I'm going to keep my fashion blog on Fridays, but I'm adding a new column just about Chloe on Tuesdays. I'm calling the new column, "Adventures with Chloe." This new addition will open up posts that would normally get scrapped just because we aren't dressed super cute, is more of a travel column of America's Southeast & beyond, where my readers can also get parenting tips on having adventures of their very own. Also, Chloe's column won't be inhibited by weather, so I'm hoping it'll have fewer breaks than my Fashion column does. So Taco Tuesdays really did just become a lot cuter.

I look forward to seeing you next time.

Stay fashionable, and be blessed.

Laurie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...