Friday, March 2, 2018

Patch of Sun at Cedars Falls Park

By Laurie Bower Epps

Sunshine has been in short supply here in the Upstate. After raining for seven straight Sundays (and Sunday's my only day off), when a day did turn out sunny, we headed out for one of my adventures. On Instagram, one of my dear friends had taken many excellent pictures of this waterfall series, I just had to go and see it for myself. Plus, the sun was calling me out.

There has been a change for me, I'm working a lot more hours at work, so I'm definitely going to be outside if weather permits. I also love sunshine despite being of Scots-Irish and extremely fair. I can't wait for summer to wear my sundresses and flip flops.




Cedars Falls Park

Cedars Falls Park is maintained by Greenville County Parks and Recreation in Fountain Inn, SC. If you're coming a long distance, it's not too far from Happy Cow Creamery. The park is deceptive, in that it looks like a typical playground type park with walking paths. Hidden about a mile back, you'll find the falls off the Reedy River that spans a bit over 200 feet. Since there are signs posted everywhere there's always a map available or person available to ask.

Cherokee History: The Cherokee dominated most of the South and they loved to live near the water. Cherokee Towns were cropping up in the late 17th Century, and the site of this park is one of those locations. 

To read more on the history, go to:
https://greenvillerec.com/parks/cedar-falls/


The ruins provided quite an interesting background for my fashion column. I know I also surprised my daughter when I could hop on top of a wall of some of the ruins. It made me feel like a kid. 

"Only the laws of the spirit always remain the same."
~ Native American Proberb








Chloe's Fashion

Play clothes. Pardon my daughters play clothes. Wearing her Cat & Jack leggings from Target and a Clemson tee to support her sister, my brave girl was climbing on everything no matter how daring. She completed the fun look with her furry Arizona boots from JCPenney. I did find a fun Clemson hair bow so she was set to have some fun. Pictures here on one of the numerous dog trails.







My Fashion

Red Top with Shark Bite Tailoring by Covington
~ Sears

White Lace Camisole
~ Lane Bryant

Paisley Leggings by LuLaRoe
~ Vendor available on Facebook as Lori Powell

Black Sneakers by Sketchers
~ Rack Room Shoes

Navy Cardigan by Sonoma
~ Kohl's

Being a fashionista, this get-up hardly fits the bill, but it was too pretty of a day to not to share it with all of you. Comfy with layers seems to offer good practicality when you're hiking.

This proved to be a perfect outing for Chloe and I. Not only did we turn into a couple of daredevils, but we giggled a lot. 

Pictured here, Chloe climbs across by hopping from rock to rock to be in the middle of the rapids.






I'm so glad we got to share this mother & daughter moment with all of you. After this outing, it rained for nearly six weeks straight. That's pretty glum for a couple of adventure seekers like us. We're both ready for spring, and more sunny posts to share with all of you.

I encourage you to find an adventure all your own. Till next time, fashion-love's... Stay fashionable and be blessed.

Love,
Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflower Photobook

Sunflowers Captured By My iPhone 8 By Laurie Bower Epps I knew I was in need of headshots since my last photoshoot was in either 2012 ...